Monday, January 07, 2008

Christmas Reflections

Merry Christmas, or more precisely, a blessed Epiphany. We are slowly adjusting to our normal home routines after a wonderful Christmas trip with many celebrations. In many ways, we felt this was our best Christmas-tide ever. The girls adored spending so much time with their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins as well as friends we don't see often enough.





We also tried to maintain our own family Christmas tradition (now two years in the running) of celebrating the twelfth day of Christmas this Saturday. After a fun-filled trip to Ikea with Grandma Sandy we had a family dinner together and let the girls finally enjoy all of their new toys. Here are the rest of the pictures from the past few weeks.

We've also started something new this year...a book that my friend Ruth sent me suggested to save Christmas cards throughout the year. Each day (or week, or whatever) choose a card that you received and pray for person or family. What a way to purposefully remember loved ones throughout the year! We're hoping Mali will soon join in this too...the other day at breakfast she asked to pray for her friend Jack and then for her friend Adi. We had been talking about Jack earlier in that meal but her suggestion of Adi was pretty spontaneous. Hopefully they both had good days that day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, we just live way to far away from each other! Miss th ( yes an of course mommy an daddy!). Jonathan, really Ohio State??? were you so desperate that you had to buy that an put it on... Kaethe' coulda loaned you a t-shirt! ha, ha
you knoooow that you could not get away with that an SOMEBODY not say SOMETHING!
love an miss you!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Kaethe! I stumbled upon your website today - and was so happy to have found it! You have such a beautiful family! We are expecting our first baby in May. I have been married since 2003 (remember Matt??) and we're living near La Crosse, WI. I'm pastor of a congregation here and Matt is teaching high school science. This is really funny - I have one of your old Bibles sitting on my bookshelf in my office. I have no idea how I acquired it, but I've been safekeeping it ever since our Carthage days! It's green and has your name on the cover. If you send me your address, I can send it to you! My email address is twitterjet@hotmail.com

Jean Woods-Pagliaro

p.s. Here's our website if you'd like to look: www.geocities.com/twitterjet