Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Holy Week

I meant to write a reflection on Holy Week and especially Palm Sunday, but this week has gotten away from me as we prepare to travel home for Easter. The following is a quote from a blog I read (Serina Toman's )on her experience with Palm Sunday. It's my favorite church holiday too.

"I love Palm Sunday. I love seeing everyone, young and old, swaying their palms toward the sky, toward Jesus, singing His praises all the while. I even love the feeling of dreaded anticipation, knowing something great is coming, but that He must first die. That I must ponder His sacrifice for me, and how much I don’t deserve it. Friday we will mourn, but Sunday, we will sing! He will rise! Easter. My favorite day of the entire church year."

By the way, if you're looking for an excellent children's book on the crucifixion and resurrection, we recommend "The Easter Cave" by Carol Wedeven.

1 comment:

Sarah DeSalvo said...

Hi! This is Sarah DeSalvo. I will add your blog to my feed reader and keep up with you that way =) I have to warn you, though, that once i get back to Indonesia, our satellite internet provider's filtering system blocks all Blogspot sites. So I will still be able to read your blog through my feed reader but I won't be able to comment - sorry!

It's nice to have people share their blogs with us, though, so we can keep up with their lives. Your girls are so cute. How old is your older daughter? Just wondering what their ages are compared to Natalie and Claire. Blessings to you!