1) What. A. Week. The girls' school program was on Tuesday and I have pictures and video to post from that. It was a sweet musical performance and we were all looking forward to the cookie walk afterwards. Until Delaney threw up EVERYWHERE in the school hallway. We made it home before another attack hit. Thankfully, it appears to be the end of it.
2) The next morning, I sent Amalia and Brinnly on the bus as usual, excited for their school parties that day. A few minutes later, I heard my voice mail beep that I had missed a call on my cell. My heart dropped when I heard a message from the director of transportation from our school district. Their bus had been hit by a car a few miles past our house. Everyone was fine, and not even very startled. I was impressed by the coordinaion of the driver, police, and district officials. They sent another bus to pick up the kids and finish the route but I drove to the scene anyway just to hug them myself.
3) The girls were pretty unfazed by the whole experience. The first thing Mali said to me was "Good news, Mom! Our teacher gifts are fine!". She assured me she checked the status of the breads we had baked for the staff right away. Brinnly's main report was the a woman from the bus garage wore great high heels.
4) We'll save you the details but in the midst of all this, there was a HUGE repair on the water line for our (rental) house. Our garage wall and back patio are also in the middle of being updated. We often joke that our live resemble a Richard Scarry book with all of the chaos, but on this day, we weren't exaggerating.
5) I am so very blessed to start my 35th birthday with my five favorite people this morning. (After my sweet husband watched the kids so I could get a run in). Birthstone earrings were the figurative icing on the cake. Can't wait to see even more of our friends and family very soon!