Monday, September 10, 2007

Cute Mali story

In the absence of having any baby news to post about, I thought I'd pass on a cute-but-naughty anecdote of our firstborn from last night:

After a delicious pizza dinner, Mali was finally free to be out of her high chair and roam the house. However, she decided to go pursue one of her favorite, off-limits activity--climbing the side of her high chair. We told her no. She persisted. After she had one more chance to make the right choice, I picked her up to put her in time-out. Seizing the opportunity of having Daddy, Grandma, and neighbors all nearby, amidst her time-out protests, she somehow turned around in my arms and blew kisses to everyone in hopes that they would rescue her from her punishment.

No luck, but everyone present did have to turn their backs so they could laugh quietly without her seeing them.

What a character! And what tricks will the next one come up with?

3 comments:

the larsons said...

What a stinker. I wouldn't have been able to turn around without bursting into laughter!

Anxiously awaiting your news. I've become very OCD checking your blog.

Got your email a while ago - as you will soon know, life with two kids (at least for me) has been a big change, but a wonderful one too!

Good luck. My bets are on another girl.

Anonymous said...

you know what they say... "The best is yet to come!!!"
give lil missy kisses from all of us. hang in there you are in our thoughts an prayers.
love,
Julie

Erica said...

You should sit behind Mali in church. She is quite the little ham.