Friday, June 22, 2012

Loss and Joy

Without going into too many personal details, we do wish to share that our extended family has experienced a recent loss.  A loss that was somewhat expected, but nonetheless tragic.  However, in midst of deep sorrow, our family did experience peace and joy.

We have learned many things in the past few weeks.  We saw firsthand that there is strength in numbers and that families are strongest together.  Friends sent all sorts of comfort, namely in kinds words and prayers. We saw that God provides in expected and unexpected ways.  We were reminded over and over that He is faithful in his promises, even that He will "wipe every tear from your eye" (Revelation 21:4)  and that He will "turn mourning into dancing" (Psalm 30:11).

Praise be to God for his wonderful gifts--for friends, for family, for medical care, for comfort, for Holy Baptism, and for his promise of heaven.  In the words of Job: 

"I know that my redeemer lives,

and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
And after my skin has been destroyed,

yet in my flesh I will see God;
I myself will see him
with my own eyes —I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!"
 --Job 19: 25-27


No comments: