Friday, June 13, 2014

Ward Family Midwest Tour Part II

We took off to America's Dairyland the day after Memorial Day to see familiar faces in a somewhat familiar place.  We just weren't used to the combination of the two together!  It was wonderful to see the Ryan family in their beautiful new home.  The house was perfectly situated for hosting two big and busy families and their land is jaw-dropping.  The sunsets!  The woods!  The chapel!  The cows!  (Seriously, they moo-ed at me during my morning run!).  We snacked on rhubarb bars and Spotted Cow and all was right in our parenting world again.

We even managed to squeeze some Madison sight-seeing into the trip with a glorious lunch on the picturesque Terrace of my alma-mater.  I love that place. The sweet potato curry made everything even more yummy.  The Madison Zoo was also a treat and we just keep soaking up the sun and good memroies. Our first stop of the day even included a bathroom back at Calvary Lutheran Chapel, where I had attended a Bible Study during my grad school days.  My first exposure to LCMS Campus ministry--no idea how much of a role it would play in our lives, including introducing us to Mike and Kellie!















The icing on the cake, so to speak, was celebrating Iris's fourth birthday with her with lots of balloons and cupcakes.  Anyone who has ever read this blog before knows that Kellie's a waaaay better  photographer than I am, so here's her link to even more lovely pictures of our time together.  Such a good hostess!


No comments: