Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Birthday Week!

It is a busy, fun week here and before it gets too far away from me, I wanted to post how grateful I am for this year's birthday blessings. I had a fantastic day on Monday with highlights including:

--a 3.8. mile run (1/10 of a mile for every year of life so far!  The girls' idea!)
--birthday breakfast of oatmeal, fresh fruits, bacon, and coffee served with love by my gang
--a new Steelers shirt and lovely necklace
--a fun trip to the Milwaukee Domes with friends, including great pictures
--another day of wearing my new birthday shoes from my parents
--sushi lunch with my kiddos
--"Aunt Karianne's Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas" for dinner and a Wisconsin dessert of custard and Kringle.
--my sweet husband agreeing to watch the Mad Men finale with me (while assembling gifts for the next day's birthday!)
--kind, thoughtful, generous cards, messages, emails and gifts by mail and phone. I am so very blessed!  What a great stage of life to have a houseful of kids as well as my parents, sister, in-laws and friends old and new all a active part of it. I have a feeling that 38 is going to be full and fantastic.





(This technically wasn't on the day of my birthday but it is pretty much every day around here!  )

No comments: